Kaliska Simcoe

4-h stewardship program





by:Kaliska Simcoe Port Townsend high school 4-H Stewardship Member



Fall Season Work Crew 2012



CHALLENGE COURSE

We arrived at the challenge course, the first activity we did was how fast can we pass the ball while saying our names, our best time was 3 seconds. The next challenge was to role a ball from one pipe to another without it hitting the ground. If it hit the ground a green toxic black hole would open up spit toxic waist, we would lose a arm or a leg. The next thing we did was try throwing us over and through a giant string spider web, then we try using a rope swing while holding a glass full of water (nitrogen) to get across a chasm, after that we held a ball up with a string then we rolled a bowling ball into a spinning crate. That was our adventures at the Challenge Course.



PART 1&2 WATERSHED CLAEN UP :

we picked up garbage and threw it into black garbage bags and put the
garbage bags into the vans and it was a long day .

TRAIL CLEAN UP: We went up the mountain next to MT Townsend. While we were driving up the road the van shook violently, my head hit the vans roof along with every ones head as well. After we had climbed the mountain for a time, my ears popped. After a while of working around it was time to get back to the van. But right as our leader walked in front of us he stepped in a bee's nest. After that every one was pretty freaked out because we could hear the bees buzzing angrily and swarming. A few minutes later we all zipped up in our toughest jackets and pants. THE GROUP RAN ALL EXCEPT FOR ME . I walk through the mild swarm of angry bees. We made it but a few of us did get stung. After that I got worn out. Then we went home


MY EXPERIENCE (MY THOUGHTS ON THE PROGRAM)
Hi I am KALISKA SIMCOE I did the 2012 Fall 4-H Steward ship program for the past 3 months now and I have to say I enjoyed it. I got to go to new places I have never been, I got paid and I got to hang out with my friends. If you like doing those things, and many more I strongly recommend you check out the program.

Thank you

Kaliska Simcoe.